Prayer 2 - Resources
General | Prayer Aids | Prayer Request | Prayers | Church Documents | Victor Hoagland, C.P.
Primer | On Prayer | The Rosary | Lectio Divina | Reviews
of Web Sites on Prayers | Prayer Posters &
forgive them for they know not what they do
- Contemplative Prayer for Everyone
- Praying Each Day
- Meditation with Art
- Orientations, Volume 1: A Collection Of Helps For Meditation And Prayer -- J Veltri, SJ
- Orientations For Spiritual Growth, a collection of helps for the spiritual journey
- The Virtual Meditation Room
- All Is Beautiful Before Me: A Prayer Service - by Cheryl Erb, RSM
- Schoolwide Prayer in the Words of "Me" - Marge Mostyn
- Stations of the Cross by Students: New Light on an Old Tradition - Christine Stanoch, OSF
- The Daily Gospel - The Gospel of the day and a brief commentary by a Father of the Church, a Saint or a contemporary author on the reading. The saint or saitns of the day are also listed, often with a brief hagiography. You can also subscribe to receive this page daily via email. Available in 8 languages.
- The Word Among Us - Online Christian Daily Devotion Magazine - Another commentary on the Gospel of the day.
- The Collaborative Ministry Office at Creighton University offers online resources for a 34 week retreat and a weekly guide for daily prayers. Online Retreat: Suggestions are offered for individual and group retreats. The material is exceptionally rich and plentiful. This could be an excellent resource for a weekly adult faith sharing group. Weekly Guide for Daily Prayer: Each weekly guide offers two text. One provides an overview of the major themes in the mass readings throughout the week. The other lays out possible paths of prayer based on these themes. Permission is even given to use the texts in Parish bulletins.
- Pray-as-you-go — This is a website set up on a trial basis by the British Jesuits. It offers ten minute daily prayer sessions and can be downloaded in a variety of formats. The trial period was so successful that it has become a permanent feature. Beautifully made!
- For other sources of daily or weekly commentaries and meditations, please check under the "Daily, Weekly, Special Features" pull down menu on our home page.
- Hail Mary - Poster
- Catechism of the Catholic Church - The Lord's Prayer
- Catholic Prayers
- The Lord's Prayer - I - NCCB-USCC - Office for the Catechism Quiz
Lord's Prayer - II - NCCB-
- Reweaving the Lord's Prayer - by Carole Goodwin
- Stations of the Cross - Catholic Religious Education Webzine
- Hands: Prayer for Parish Groups - by Donal Harrington and Julie Kavanagh
- Glorious Nature - from Praying with St. Francis of Assisi
- Novenas and Prayers
- CIN - The Christian's Prayer
- Grace Before Meals
- CIN - The Joyful Mysteries
- The Lord's Prayer - Master Catechism
- Meditations and Prayers for Lent and Easter
- The Our Father in the Catechesis of Teens
- CIN - Prayers of the Rosary
- CIN - Prayer To Know One's Vocation
- CIN - The Rosary My Daily Prayer
- CIN - Texts of Prayers for the Rosary
- CIN - The Sorrowful Mysteries
- Petition Prayer Bank - Prayers Canada
- Prayer Guide
The Catholic Diocese of Hexham and Newcastle - by Brother John Raymond
- Prayers by
St. Louis de Montfort
by Rev.Patrick Gaffney, S.M.M.
- The Lord's Prayer Word Search Puzzle
- Posters of the Lord's Prayer
- Lord's Prayer in Aramaic - the prayer in the language that Jesus and the apostles spoke with a few interesting background notes.
- Prayer - The Lord's Prayer - based on the New Catholic Catechism 2759-2865 this reflection by Father Victor Hoagland, C.P. is a good clear explanation of each of the sections of the Lord's Prayer.
- The Lord's Prayer by Leonard Doohan - Scripture From Scratch March©2003 - Simply and clearly written article that could be used for adult reflection groups, for RCIA, or CCD and religious education teachers teachers as background information.
- U.S. Catholic Bishops - Office for the Catechism - Two quizzes on the Lord's Prayer with 10 multiple choice questions or true or false questions in each quiz: Quiz One and Quiz Two.
- Catholic Encyclopedia: Lord's Prayer - the article from the 1910 edition is still useful to consult.
Catechism of the Catholic Church
I. "Hallowed Be Thy Name"
II. "Thy Kingdom Come"
III. "The Will Be Done on Earth as It Is in Heaven"
IV. "Give Us This Day Our Daily Bread"
V. "And Forgive us Our Trespasses, as We Forgive Those Who Trespass against Us"
VI. "And Lead Us Not into Temptation"
VII. "But Deliver Us From Evil"
- Prayer Requests Roman Catholic Church - Extensive directory listing websites accepting prayer requests
- The PrayerLine
- Today's Petitions - Prayer Request form
- EWTN - Prayer Requests
- Saint Mary's Cathedral Praise Meeting Prayer Chain
- Prayer-Blessing Reservoir
- Benedictine Web of Prayer
- Praying in words and signs: The Sign of the Cross
- The Hail Mary and the Rosary
- The Lord's Prayer
- The Prayer of Jesus
- Praying from the Jewish Scriptures
- The Gift of Prayer
- Prayerful Exegesis - Nick Bagileo
- Inner Explorations
Related: Resources on Prayer 1