February, 2011 - Volume 4, Number 2 - Subscribe to this newsletter.
Resources for Advent, Feast Days, and Special Days
Blog World Resources
- Religious St. Valentine's Day Ideas
- Rice Krispie Treat Grotto for Our Lady of Lourdes
- Grotto Craft for Our Lady of Lourdes
- Catholic Saint Valentine Craft
- Nun Craft - Paper Bag Puppets
- How to Make a Nun Costume
- Reaction to Jesus' Miracles
Play this short game of “mental math” to introduce a lesson on Jesus’ miracles. Present the following problem.
- New Roman Missal Translation – What You Need to Know #7 - #6 - #5
- Resources for Roman Missal Changes
- A Good Way for Catechists (or Anyone!) to Pray
- Young Ruler - Lesson objectives: The children will be able to
- retell the story The Rich Young Ruler
- identify that they should put God first above anything else
- identify who they should love with all their heart
- Ash Wednesday & Lent - activities, coloring, crafts, games, puzzles, quizzes, etc.
- Gospel for the Mass - February and March
- VLCFF Course – Introduction to Scripture
- Setting the Context for the Roman Missal, third edition
A video presentation addressing four common questions about the new translation of the Mass.
Articles from various sources
Wondrous Encounters: Day by Day through Lent by: Richard Rohr, O.F.M.
Franciscan author Richard Rohr helps us travel day-by-day through Lent in this condensation from his book Wondrous Encounters: Scripture for Lent.
- Lent—Have You Given Up on Giving Up by Susan Vogt, Everyday Catholic
- How Sacraments Work by The Most Reverend William E. Lori, S.T.D., Bishop Of Bridgeport, Spirituality for Today February 2011
- Holy Spirit and Fire by Rev. Raymond K. Petrucci, Spirituality for Today February 2011
The action of receiving a baptism with the Holy Spirit and with fire conveys not only a divine gift, but also a human responsibility.
- The Mustard Seed by Alexander O'Toole, Spirituality for Today February 2011
- Some Hymns for Justice - Ron Rolheiser
- Rolling the Dice on the Gospel- Ron Rolheiser
Articles for CATECHIST Magazine, January / February 2011:
- A Lenten Vocabulary by Jean Grant
A Group Activity for the Family at Home or Your Class Family
- Scrapbooking through Lent
If you are willing to use a creative and entertaining teaching tool to present a serious and sacred season, then you are invited to try scrapbooking through Lent.
- Lenten Disciplines for Junior High Students by C. K. Michaels
For the past six years, I've looked forward to class with my seventh-grade students the week before Ash Wednesday—because old ideas become new again each year.
- Forgiveness Month by Mary McEntee McGill
February can put us in touch with how we are not the people we hope to be, are meant to be.
- A Lent-Easter Wreath by Veronica Glenn
A Lent-Easter wreath can help students pray through Lent—the same way an Advent wreath helps students pray through Advent—and celebrate Easter.
- Oh, for the Help of an Angel! The Art of Selecting Catechetical Materials by Cullen W Schippe
Choosing catechetical materials need not be an onerous process.
- The Language of Catechesis: Terms and Definitions by Kate Ristow
- The Lord's Prayer during Lent by Jeanne Heiberg