- Reflecting the Light, reflection for children by Charles Kirkpatrick, Sermons4kids.com. Includes a link to a coloring page on John the Baptist.
- Jesus and the Three R's - A Children's Sermon from Sermons4Kids - The commentary on John 1:11-14 is evangelical in theology but could be adapted for Catholics. There is also a link to a very nice coloring page of Jesus knocking at the door.
- The Gospel of John: a commentary & meditation: "The Word became flesh and dwelt among us"
- Bible Study - Chritmas Day - verse by verse Roman Catholic lectionary commentary at St Charles Borromeo Catholic Church, Picayune, MS.
- Proclaiming Faith - Reflections and discussion questions on the readings for each Sunday and holy day liturgy. Activities for young people are included. Some materials for younger children can be printed out.
- Christmas: Lectionary Resource for Catholics: word-sunday.com
- "And the Words Were Made Flesh," Sr. Joan Delaplane, Aquinas Institute of Theology, St. Louis, Missouri.
Semitic Was John? Rethinking the Hellenistic Background
to John 1:1
Anglican Theological Review, Fall 2003 by Reed, David A
- "The Structure of the Johannine Prologue and Genesis 1," Dr. Mary Coloe, Australian Biblical Review, 1997
- Johannine Themes in Christian Liturgy by Gail Gresser: The Prologue (1:1-18)
- The Johannine Prologue in Greek and English - Prof. Felix Just, S.J.
- Structural Outlines of the Fourth Gospel by Prof. Felix Just, S.J. - The Gospel Prologue (1:1-18)
- “Power to become children of God” (1:12)—The family of spiritual birth - Johannine Literary Themes and Vocabulary by Dale Loepp
- “The Word became Flesh…” (1:14)—The Fourth Gospel’s view of Jesus as the descending and ascending logos - Johannine Literary Themes and Vocabulary by Dale Loepp
- "The Structure of the Johannine Prologue and Genesis 1," Australian Biblical Review, 45 (1997) 40-55.
- Homilies on the Gospel of John (Chrysostom): Homily
2 - Homily
3 - Homily
4 - Homily
5 - Homily
6 - Homily
7 - Homily
8 - Homily
9 - Homily
10 - Homily
11 - Homily
12 - Homily
13 - Homily
- Tractates (Lectures) on the Gospel of John - Augustine
1 (John 1:1-5) - Tractate
2 (John 1:6-14) - Tractate
3 (John 1:15-18)
Casting Crowns - The Word is Alive (Lyrics)
Click on the small images: puzzles coloring pages clipart
|Montly Gospel Posters - Catholic Curriculum Online Saskatchewan Schools and School Divisions|
|Cerezo Barredo's weekly gospel illustration:|
|1: 14||And the Word became flesh|
|1: 1-18||In the Beginning Was the Word|