Suffered under Pontius Pilate,
Was crucified, Died and Was Buried
- Seven last words of Jesus
- CCC: "Jesus Christ Suffered under Pontius Pilate, Was crucified, Died and Was Buried"
- Compassion: Psalm 22 and the Passion Narratives
the Shame of the Cross: Honor and Shame in the Johannine
Narrative - by Jerome H. Neyrey, S.J. in Semeia, 1996
- Holy Week
- Jesus Christ Suffered, Died, and was Buried - NCCB/USCC Office for the Catechism Quiz
- Medical Aspects of the Crucifixion of Jesus Christ - David Terasaka, M.D. ©1996.
- Nazareth Master Catechism - crucified, dead, and buried
- The Death and Resurrection of Jesus by Donald J. Goergen OP
- The Guard at the Tomb Dr. William Lane Craig
- The Passion Narratives: The Cross Takes Center Stage - by Carol Luebering in Scripture from Scratch
- The Passion of Jesus
- The Passion of Jesus by Ronald D. Witherup, S.S. in Scripture from Scratch
- The Passion of Jesus Christ - Narratives of the Passion from the Gospels - Commentaries by Donald Senior, C.P.
- The Way of the Cross
- What is Crucifixion? - a medical doctor
When the hour had come for him to fulfill the Father's plan of love, Jesus allows a glimpse of the boundless depth of his filial prayer, not only before he freely delivered himself up ("Abba . . . not my will, but yours."), but even in his last words on the Cross, where prayer and the gift of self are but one: "Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do"; "Truly, I say to you, today you will be with me in Paradise", "Woman, behold your son" - "Behold your mother"; "I thirst."; "My God, My God, why have you forsaken me?"; "It is finished"; "Father, into your hands I commit my spirit!" until the "loud cry" as he expires, giving up his spirit.