Capital Punishment - Catholic Perspective
- 1973 Statement of Bishop Joseph Green of Reno
- Abolition of the Death Penalty - Intervention by H.E. Archbishop Renato R. Martino, Apostolic Nuncio, Permanent Observer of the Holy See to the United Nations before the Third Committee of the 54th Session of the General Assembly.
- Affirming Justice and Mercy - 1996 statement of the Ohio Catholic Bishops
- A Florida Bishop Speaks Against Capital Punishment - Bishop Gracida of Pensacola-Tallahassee: June, 1976.
- A Good Friday Appeal to End the Death Penalty - A Statement of the Administrative Board of the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops - April 2, 1999
- A Letter from the Kentucky Bishops (1996)
- "A Witness To Life: The Catholic Church and the Death Penalty" - Address by Cardinal Roger Mahony Archbishop of Los Angeles
- Bishops' Statements on the Death Penalty - By State
- Church Teaches that All Life is Valuable - 1996 statement by Archbishop Harry J. Flynn of St. Paul and Minneapolis.
- Killing the killer is not the solution - Archbishop Charles J. Chaput
- Oregon Catholic Bishops (1984)
- Georgia Bishops And The Death Penalty - 1980 statement by the Catholic bishops of Georgia and the Episcopal bishop of Atlanta.
- The Gospel of Life and capital Punishment: A Reflection Piece and Study Guide - 1999 statement from the California Catholic Conference.
- Iowa Catholic Bishops' Statement on Death Penalty (1998)
- Stories of Violence and Responses to It - 1995 statement by Bishop Brunett of Helena, Montana.
- The Death Penalty Supported - Archbishop Francis J. Furey of San Antonio (1973).
- The Montana Catholic Conference on Capital Punishment (1981)
- Parish Resolution A resolution calling for a moratorium on the death penalty, passed June 1, 1999 by the Parish Council of St. Mary's Mother of Mercy, Macclenny, Fla
- Parish Resolution - Following is a resolution calling for the abolition of capital punishment, that was signed on May 24, 1999 by Fr. Raymond C. Holtz, pastor of Mother of God Church, Covington, Ky..
- The True Road to Justice - 1997 statement by Archbishop Charles J. Chaput of Denver.
- U.S. Catholic Bishops' Statement on Capital Punishment - Approved by the U.S. Bishops in November 1980
Related: Morality - General - Abortion - Euthanasia - Morality and Ethics
Papal, Episcopal and Curial Documents - Sexuality -Suicide and Assisted Suicide
Virtues - Social Justice and Peace - Science and Ethics